Why I Like My Church (Hebrews 10:19-25)Simon Schrock, March 16, 2014
Part of the Sermon series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
|« Godly Homes||None||The Gospel, Homosexuality, and The Wrath Of God »|
Hebrews 10:19-22 was the opening passage
for this message.
Here are some things Simon mentioned that
he appreciated about our church.
1. We have good church structure.
2. We have congregational singing by which
we fulfill the Biblical command of Ephesians
5:19. Congregational singing gets everybody
3. We have devotionals which help our young
men develop speaking skills.
4. We have Sunday school classes where we
can share together around the Word of God.
This also gives opportunities to develop
teaching skills because we need teachers for
5. We have times of prayer and praise. This
gives us power and inspiration.
6. We have ministers who feed the flock and
we have potential for other ministers among
7. We have mission outreaches, both local
8. We have many privileges in our culture to
learn the doctrines of the Scriptures and
make them practical.
9. We have a church school where we can
have a godly education for our children. This
will help them develop into fruitful adults.
10. Our church is a place of spiritual
11. We have a place to care for our own.
12. We have a place where we care for each
others spiritual needs by giving rebuke or
encouragement and also through church
While we may have many concerns about our
church, we also have much to be thankful for.
19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (ESV)