Why I Like My Church (Hebrews 10:19-25)Simon Schrock, March 16, 2014
Part of the Sermon series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
|« Godly Homes||None||The Gospel, Homosexuality, and The Wrath Of God »|
Hebrews 10:19-22 was the opening passage
for this message.
Here are some things Simon mentioned that
he appreciated about our church.
1. We have good church structure.
2. We have congregational singing by which
we fulfill the Biblical command of Ephesians
5:19. Congregational singing gets everybody
3. We have devotionals which help our young
men develop speaking skills.
4. We have Sunday school classes where we
can share together around the Word of God.
This also gives opportunities to develop
teaching skills because we need teachers for
5. We have times of prayer and praise. This
gives us power and inspiration.
6. We have ministers who feed the flock and
we have potential for other ministers among
7. We have mission outreaches, both local
8. We have many privileges in our culture to
learn the doctrines of the Scriptures and
make them practical.
9. We have a church school where we can
have a godly education for our children. This
will help them develop into fruitful adults.
10. Our church is a place of spiritual
11. We have a place to care for our own.
12. We have a place where we care for each
others spiritual needs by giving rebuke or
encouragement and also through church
While we may have many concerns about our
church, we also have much to be thankful for.
19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21And having an high priest over the house of God; 22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. (KJV)