A Burden for the Lost (Matthew 9:35-38)Raymond Kauffman, May 19, 2013
Part of the Sermon series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
|« Behold Thy Mother||None||High Places »|
A Burden for the Lost
May 19, 2013
- Wherever a Christian is, there is his mission – to spread the Good News of the Gospel.
- How would it be to be forever and forever lost?
Jeremiah 8:20-22; 9:1
- The man in this passage had a burden for lost people.
- Jesus went to Jerusalem, and He also had a burden for the lost.
Revelation 14:14-20; 21:8, 273
- A letter of a seeking atheist and some of his questions, was read.
We were all challenged to have a greater burden for the lost.
35And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. 36But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. 37Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (KJV)